Thriving music business
Music sales in Sweden are on the rise for a third year in a row, now nearing 1 billion SEK ($155 million). Swedish music makes up 39 percent of the sales, and the rest (61 percent) is international. Listen to the [domestically] typical Swedish sound here: Oskar Linnros - "Hur dom än"

Financial worries
Not surprising, Swedes worry more about their own finances than the finances of the world. An investigation built on 1,500 interviews by TNS Gallup, commissioned by Nordea Bank, shows that 35 percent of Swedes worry about their pension, 32 percent worry about cuts in social insurance, 31 percent worry they will lose their savings, 30 percent worry about the rising energy prices and 29 percent lie awake because of the world economy.

University of Lund’s masters programs most popular.
Statisticians looking at applications for graduate programs in Sweden have found that 4 out of the 5 most popular masters programs are offered by Lund University. A Master's degree is an academic degree granted to individuals who have undergone study demonstrating a mastery or high-order overview of a specific field of study or area of professional practice. For more info, see